Monday, February 11, 2013

Hospital Bags...What I'm packing

Since my Thursday appointment, I have had this pressing need to get our bags ready.  I've been spending the week washing clothes for Baby G and putting together a packing list of things I want to make sure we take.  Saturday I shopped more than I have in a very long time picking up all the last minute things I needed for Baby G and myself.  I was told that we are only allowed to bring in a small tote into the "labor/delivery" room...was told it needs to be small to medium and then after Alston can bring up our overnight bags and anything else we may need.  So I've packing two bags... (1) Admitting tote (2) over night bag, which will have all of our things in it (mine, hubby and Baby G).

I'm curious to see what I actually used and what I should have brought:  I'll defiantly be writing a follow-up to this blog after things calm down.

My admitting bag.... work in progress.  

  • Glasses ( I'm hoping to wear contacts the whole time, but you never know)
  • My Kindle and charger
  • Heading Pad.... had been my best friend through this pregnancy
  • Notebook with pen
  • Baby book to get Baby G's hand and foot prints
  • Sugar free candy
  • Chap-stick
  • ID
  • Insurance card
  • Camera
  • Head-band in cause Baby G is a girl
  • Bath rob
  • Socks with grippers
  • Pony-tail holders and bobby pins
  • Infant gown for after Baby G's bath

Over night bag for all of us

  • Nursing pads
  • toiletries...face wash, body wash, shampoo & conditioner, deodorant, toothpaste, tooth brushes, lotion
  • Nipple cream
  • Nipple soothers
  • Nursing cover
  • Boppy
  • Phone Charger
  • Nursing bras (2)
  • yoga pants
  • Socks
  • Spaghetti strap tanks
  • Sweater (I'm always cold)
  • Scentsy plug in ( I don't like the way hospitals smell)
  • Snacks
  • Change of clothes for hubby
  • Cash ( coins and bills)
  • Makeup
  • Gowns for baby G (3)
  • Coming home outfit....Hubby wants to pick this out especially for Baby G.  We talked about just buying a gender neutral outfit, but Hubs really wants to pick out that special outfit.
  • Long-sleeved onesies (2)
  • Light weight blanket
  • Minky blanket
  • Mittens
  • Socks
  • Car seat
Optional.... I pulled a blanket down for Hubby and some extra pillows to put in the car just in case he needs some once we get into our room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment