Thursday, June 7, 2012

Family Weekend~

What a wonderful weekend I had last weekend!!  My parents came in Thursday night and got to stay all weekend... I know it wasn't very long, but man did I miss them!!
Friday my aunt and I both took off to hang out with mom ( my dad slept the first 1/2 of the day since he drove all the way here Thursday night) and do a little shopping.  We went to lunch with my cousin Keisha and her daughter Savannah... Friday was also Keisha's birthday.

I know I've said it before, but I absolutely LOVE being with family... nothing, NOTHING makes me happier.  I don't really have a large 'friend' circle; I've always really considered my family as my friends and vice versa... my friends that I am really close with are my family.

While out shopping we went to one of my FAVORITE boutiques.... Royal Standard.  OH MY DEAR LORD!!!  love-love this place.  While there I found the chair I want for my nursery... no, we still aren't expecting, but I'm still planning the nursery.  It's perfect!  I plan on doing a Yellow and Grey nursery... retro/chic.  Check out this chair.....
I'm in LOVE!
Now I just have sell Alston on it....

Also while out shopping I discovered a TON of beautiful-knitted blankets for babies... they were soooo soft, but kind of expensive.  SO..... what do I do?  I decide that I'm going to learn how to knit!  Yes I did.... I went to Hobby Lobby, bought a "How to" book, needles and yarn.  And by gosh... I started to figure it out late Sunday night! 

Yes I did!!



Friday evening we went to my friend Brittany's house.. her daddy cooked for us all: Cabbage Jambalaya.. Mmmmmmm  and we hung out and just visited.  Brittany is expecting her second son today... she was scheduled for a c-section on Monday morning, but we went into labor today around 8 and had lil Hayden! ( I'll post a pic soon).

But here is a few pics of this weekend.

Lil man Hunter and my Aunt

My parents and my cousins lil girl Lolo

Big brother holding the new lil addition to the family.... Congratulations!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment