Thursday, May 31, 2012

Weekend on the bayou

Happy belated Memorial Day!

My family and I spent the weekend WAAAAY down south in a cabin.... pretty cute little area. 

 It's know for its fishing, crabbing and shrimping.   I've never seen so many shrimping boats... much less been that close to them.  They look pretty much like they did on "Forest Gump"...
On our way out to fish Sunday morning we saw a ton of dolphins!!  It was so very awesome to see!!  I wish I'd gotten pictures of them, but having my camera out while the boat was moving didn't look like an good idea (especially for someone as 'Graceful' as me!)

My first red fish!!

We ended up catching about 26 specs (speckled trout) and three red, not a bad day of fishing.   Sunday afternoon we cleaned fish and went and bought crabs for dinner........YUMMY!




Waiting to boil them.....

Later that night we decided to make a "fire" and let the kids makes some s'mores....
yeah.... well you can see from the picture who was actually making s'more... LOL!

 I love being with family...... and I definitely cannot wait to make traditions one day with my own little family. 

When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses. -Joyce Brothers




No comments:

Post a Comment