Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Getting ready for Christmas

Saturday the hubby and I drove out to the country to get our first "REAL" Christmas tree....Alston wanted the memories of getting cut down the tree.  As you'll see in a few, that's not exactly how it worked out... :)

Alston's "Grinch" face.... 

Here is the tree we picked out... a Douglas Fir... it's the exact type we used to get when I was little. 

Remember how I said Alston wanted the memories of cutting down our Christmas tree... well, it wasn't exactly what he was thinking.  The tree we actually chose was one of the few that was already cut.. all Alston had to do was "cut" the rope that was hoping the tree up!

                                                                                
    

Alston LOVES everything about Christmas... even all the manual labor that comes along with it.  HAHA... sorry boo!                                                          
    

 
Now time for the FUN part.... DECORATING!!  This year I have decided to go with a Peacock themed Christmas.  I'm SO excited!  .
Very Thankful for a tall husband 

I love Peacocks and all the colors!!

Still a work in progress... I haven't finished the stockings or the skirt yet.  In fact I have a couple of DIY projects that I'm going to post in a few days.  

T'was the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. 
Clement Clarke Moore






No comments:

Post a Comment